Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups
I don’t remember when I first started enjoying the lovely little delicacy referred to as Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups, but it was love at first bite. I’ve seen these made with a variety of ingredients over the years, but this combination seems to be my favorite and one of the ones most commonly served. Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups are versatile little snacks that can be used for wedding or baby showers to feeding the sideline quarterbacks during the Super Bowl.
Thankfully, this is one of those versatile little snacks that you can make to suit just about any taste. If you’re out of one ingredient, substitute another ingredient that’s similar in color or flavor. Feeding the gluten free crowd like myself? Use GF tortillas such as the Udi’s shells that I use. If using GF tortillas, I recommend making them up a day or two ahead of time. The GF tortillas are very dry and you end up tasting just the tortilla and not the yummy filling. However, the Cream Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups can be made and enjoyed on regular tortillas the same day. No matter what type of tortilla shell is used, it does taste better if everything is allowed to blend together for several hours to a day before serving.
Serves: Enough mixture to cover 5 large and 5 small tortillas
- 2 packages Cream Cheese
- 1 small can chopped black olives
- 1 bunch of green onions or 1 can green chilis
- 2 c grated cheese
- 1 pack flour tortillas
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Finely chop green onion stems.
- Add all ingredients, except tortillas, to a mixing bowl.
- Keeping ingredients separated in the bowl helps ensure you've not forgotten anything.
- Blend thoroughly to mix all ingredients together.
- Spread mixture evenly across tortilla.
- Roll Tortillas tightly into a scroll shape. The cream cheese will keep it closed, no need for toothpicks.
- Store roll ups in an airtight container until they cream cheese mixture has chilled (hours to days ahead of time).
- Cut into thin slices before serving.
- Stack in fun towers and designs and wait for the oohs and aahs.
I used some of my favorite Good Cook products when preparing this recipe. Featured in this recipe are:
- Sweet Mixing bowls – no slip grip bottoms, awesome to keep the bowl in place when mashing all the ingredients together!
- High-temp spatula – with the density of the mixture, there is no fear of the spatula tip falling off. It’s securely attached to the wooden handle.
- Non-stick Knives – are made from high carbon steel to retain sharpness, have a soft grip, ergonomic handle and a safety sheath. I used two different knives to slice the pull-ups and they worked liked cutting through cold butter with a hot knife!
- Non-Slip Plastic Cutting Board – worked great to keep everything in place when spreading the roll ups filling and cutting them into slices.