This week’s theme is Christmas Cookies and Snacks. Here comes another one of my admissions – I haven’t made cookies from scratch since I was in home ec class in high school, that’s FACS class for you youngsters! I’ve never been a huge fan of sweets, I’ve always favored salty snacks instead. However, this treat satisfies cravings for both! I received my first batch of Poor Man’s Millionaires Candy as a Christmas present from one of my families when I was teaching and absolutely loved them because it was so simple that I can give you the recipe in about sixty seconds or less.
- 1 bag of small pretzels or flat pretzel chips (regular or gluten free)
- 1 bag of caramel filled candy ( Rolos, Bliss, Dove)
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out pretzels on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Place in 350 degree F oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place pecan half on top and press down a little.
- Cool and serve.
Remember, you just need to click the froggy to see the other dishes being preparde this week by the ‘Dising it Up” cooks.
I like the Ener-G (Gluten Free) Foods Pretzels , but only bought them for special occasions, like making these treats for myself at Christmas. Why did I buy them so infrequently? Because I THOUGHT they were expensive. Now, I’ve learned to shop through Vitacost! If you’ve never shopped with Vitacost before, create an account and you’ll receive a $10 credit on your first $30 or more order. I’ll also receive the same $10 credit with my next $30 purchase. Then you can refer your friends to earn the credits! Vitacost is a great source for online shopping for cooking, cleaning, personal care, baby, and pet care needs. Check them out today!