Custom Wall Art to Match Your Decor
All you need to make your own modern wall art are a few sheets of Foam Board and your favorite patterned scrapbook paper. You can mix and match whatever patterns and designs you like, your guests will be shocked that this project was so easy! If you want something to really physically stand out, buy some of the wrapped canvases and wrap them with fabric to match your decor.
Custom Wall Art Materials: (Most can be purchased at Dollar Tree or Dollar General)
- 1 Large Foam Board or White Art Canvases
- Scrapbook Paper or Fabric
- Ribbon, 1″ x 12 yds.
- Spray adhesive
- Straight pins (optional)
- Sawtooth picture hangers
- Ruler or Yard Stick
- Foam and Mat Board Cutter
- Paper Trimmer (Optional)
- Sharp pencil
- Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create five 6″ x 6″ squares. Carefully cut across score lines.
- Paper may be cut to the size of foam square or left larger.
- Evenly apply a layer of spray adhesive across each foam square. Carefully center each sheet of scrapbook paper to the foam square. Paper may be cut after attaching to the foam board and allowing to dry.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth out any lumps and bubbles in the glue, if needed. Adhering from one side to the other instead of all at once helps to avoid the lumps and bubbles.
- If paper was cut to the size of foam board, ribbon can be pinned or glued around edges. If paper was left larger than foam boards, neatly fold and tape or glue to the back of each board.
- Overlap corners of each board and glue in place.
- Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger.
- Let dry before hanging.