Have you ever had a meal at a restaurant, someone’s house, or even a frozen dinner that you wanted to try to make yourself? I’ve long thought I could recreate the Stouffer’s Cheddar and Bacon Potato Bake at home without having to buy it. After reading the ingredients on the box, I decided that there was nothing extraordinary in the Stouffer’s recipe, just normal stuff that I always have in stock around my house. Of course, I cooked mine in a slow cooker, but it could be cooked in the oven as well. Make a whole slow cooker full for about the price of a serving for two. Stouffer’s can freeze theirs, so why can’t I? Make a huge batch and freeze it up in containers the perfect size for your family. Prep once and feed forever! 😉
- 5-6 medium size potatoes (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 can of Progresso Recipe Starters (Cheese)
- Kraft First Taste Cheddar Jack & Bacon
- 2 - 3 slices of bacon
- Seasoned Salt (optional)
- Garlic Powder or Salt (optional)
- Peel, wash, and cube the potatoes. Large cubes will take longer to cook, small cubes will cook faster. Add potatoes to slow cooker.
- Add Progresso Recipe Starters Cheese to the slow cooker.
- Season to taste.
- Chop the bacon, fry. Add the bacon to the potatoes. Add bacon grease, if desired. Discard grease otherwise.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook covered in slow cooker about 2.5 hours on high.
- Add cheese from the First Taste pack. Cooked another 30-45 minutes.
- Top with the bacon breadcrumb mixture.