Boltwell Emergency Preparedness to Live Well Prepared
Emergency Preparedness is something that some folks take rather seriously. You know, the Doomsday Preppers sort of thing. I’m far, far from a Doomsday Prepper. But I do feel like my level of emergency preparedness is better than most.
I live in mid Missouri and we have brutal winters every few years. Several years ago, we were without electricity for several days due to an ice storm, followed by a snow storm. After a couple of days, we lost water as well. The good thing was that I wasn’t at home for most of this fun, I was in the hospital for surgery. While I was in the hospital, my friends banned together to share resources: homes with running water and electricity, food, gas, and other necessities.
That horrible episode taught me a lot about emergency preparedness. It taught me that I wasn’t prepared at all and neither were many of my friends.
Since that time, I have stepped upped my game and there is now doubt that I’m prepared for multiple types of emergencies around here. I’ve been a heavy duty coupon shopper since then. This has enabled me to build up a small stockpile of food, health related items, plus household goods. I bought a Mr. Heater Buddy Portable Propane Heater and a bunch of the small propane bottles needed to run it. Read more about my own personal emergency preparedness plan.
When I encountered the Boltwell emergency preparedness company, I knew that it was a company for me. While I’ve done a lot of my own prepping, I realize that not everyone has the time to do what I’ve done. The answer for these people is Boltwell. They offer a huge variety of emergency preparedness, no matter what type of emergency you may encounter.
Whether you want to be prepared for a winter storm, a house fire, or natural disasters, Boltwell has what you need.
I received an Emergency Preparedness kit from Boltwell made exclusively for those in media, like myself. The kit contained items that are great for minor emergencies to major catastrophes. I received a fabulous supply of first aid materials. Of course, there were basics like bandages, but there were other things I wouldn’t ever think about like trauma scissors, oversized bandaging materials, latex free gloves.
These are all of the items included in the “Learn About Boltwell” Emergency Preparedness kit I received were:
- Weather Radio – It only took a few cranks to charge it up and I was playing music. Then I discovered that it was also solar powered and had connections for a USB, microw USB, and headphone jacks. All of this, plus it’s an emergency flashlight!
- Hand Sanitizer Pen
- Multi Tool – You’ll feel like a Boy Scout with the variety of built-in tools. Mine is stored in the glove box of my car.
- Food Bar – I don’t like raspberry, the flavor of my bar, so I decided to save it for a real emergency!
- Toilet Kit – I’m a country girl and can make due without a toilet kit, but I’m sure my kid would have a hard time. This little kit would probably very helpful for city slickers.
- Quick Dry Chamois Towel – There are tons of uses for this towel in an emergency or for camping.
- Dry Shampoo
- Pocket Lantern – Don’t let the name fool you. Even though it’s small, it’s quite mighty!
- Medical Kit
Of course, my description of this fabulous kit doesn’t do it justice. You should get one or more kits for yourself at Boltwell. All of the products are high quality items, well worth their purchase price, and investments you won’t regret.